Saturday, August 25, 2018

46 - Before the Storm


This was painted from our dock at Long Lake.  Which also happens to be the name of the town. It's in the Nicolet National Forest and just a gorgeous sleepy town.  They don't even have a stop light.  I had planned to give this one to the owner, but my Dad said no?

I could go on forever about this place as we went a couple times a year from childhood into college.  Fay Lake Resort which is just up the road and used to be owned by John Touchet as well...Is a sight to behold.  The cabins are built out over the water and the fishing/forest are amazing!

Anyway the winds started picking up and the rain began right as I finished.  I made it back to the cabin just before it really came down.  This was when I was still using a french easel in the field.  Im sure a few of you know how long they take to break down.  Whew!

Oil on Panel - 4" x 6"
$100 + $12 Shipping (U.S.)

Click to Bid

No comments:

Post a Comment