Thursday, August 23, 2018

The Wright Woods Three







These are some of my first flirtations with plein air with oils.  It's hard to get out with a day time "job".  Tried watercolor (gouache) a bunch in college, but I was always too impatient.  All of these are from about the same place on progressive years.

The group I painted with for these are all much older.  So they want to pull up and park right where they're going to paint.  They really don't the stamina for a long session either.  That said, none of these are quite finished.   Alan is a snowbird, so we don't get together very often.  We haven't gotten together yet this summer.  Anyways, I thought it was cool to see the progression and how the scene and my approach changed year to year.

Hope you like them.  I really had no plans on selling these pieces.  But I might consider it if they went together.

All Oil on Panel - 5" x7"
Contact me: prplsmurf9@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment